Sunshine Awards 2013

Monday 7 October 2013

Eek!
I owe you lot an apology for the lack of posts - though as lame as it sounds, I do have an excuse! My work and college work are taking up most of the time, and even though I have the Blogger app on my phone and iPad, I still prefer to write on my laptop.
Anywho, I will try my best :)

Right, so back in May I was given the Liebster award by one of my readers. This week I've been given the Sunshine awards from not one Blogger. But two! Thank you Lauren and Britt!
You can find Lauren over here, and Britt over here! Check out their blogs guys!





What you do is;

Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you. - Done
Share 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
List 11 bloggers.
Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate and let them know they have been nominated.


As I have done this kind of thing before, if you click here you will find the facts about me :) 

Here are Britts questions;


1. what is your favourite thing about yourself?
If you had asked me this a couple of months back I would of said nothing. However, the whole point of this Blog was to boost my self esteem. I think my eyes are my favourite thing about me. That and my patience :)

2. how do you bring sunshine into the lives of people around you?
Hmm, I would not know with out asking those people. I'm a good listener and always there to help others. I hate seeing people upset and will always be there to make them smile.

3. what is one food you cannot live without?
Foam shrimps and Malteasers. My nickname is Malteaser as well! :)

4. what was your favourite childhood toy?
I actually still have him somewhere. Wrapped in tissue paper in a tin. He was called red rabbit and he would go everywhere with me. When mum use to take it out of my hands to wash, I would watch him in the washer.

5. what adjective(s) would you use to describe the relationship between yourself and your siblings? if you're an only child, one adjective to describe your childhood without a sibling.
Eek, as much as my brother tests me, I will always love him. Sometimes we are close and sometimes we are estranged. Depends what's happened between us.

6. what is your favourite travel location and why?
I have so many! Sorrento is my favourite abroad. I love Italy, and the people I met were so so friendly! 
In the UK would be Bath. Gorgeous are down south! I really want to go back soon!

7. which song is the soundtrack of your summer?
I'm still in love with Bastille, so I'm going to break the rules here and say their album is my soundtrack to my summer :)

8. what's your job, and do you enjoy it?
I work in a 4 Star Hotel in the lovely town of Stamford as a waitress. Its a job at the end of the day and I do enjoy myself. I've been with the company for nearly 3 years and love helping at the Weddings and other Events :)

9. what's your favourite weekday and why?
At the moment, Wednesday. But only up to 10pm. I get a chance of a lie in. I have no work to worry about. But come Thursday morning I have to be up at 6am. So I try and get to bed early.

10. if you could get lost in any place, where would it be?
I don't have an exact place, but I love the woods. Especially if its a lovely day in any season. I would love to just sit on a bench in any woods and take in my surroundings :)

11. who/what do you appreciate most in your life?
I never say this as much as I should do, and some may say it's very cliche. But I really do appreciate my parents. They have done and do so much for me. At the age of 22 I still live at home, and as much as I want to leave, it's only because I want to give them space. They have helped me a lot through difficult times and I love them for it. I really do. 

Wow, now questions from Lauren;
1. What is your favourite place you’ve ever been?
Again Sorrento, however I would love to go back to USA. I was only there in 1999. Many many moons ago!

2. What is the blog you visit the most outside of your own?
Is this a trick question!? I visit as many blogs as I can. It helps that I have BlogLovin' on my phone, so I can check and read posts when I can. There are a few that I prefer reading like Laurens from My Passion Journey and Britt from One & Twenty for example. But there are so many and so many more to find!

3. Did you have any childhood pets? Tell us all about them!
What a question to ask. My first pet as a child was a hamster called Smudge. He was a horrible hamster, though I was only 8/9 at the time. I would have to wear big gauntlet gloves to hold him as he would bite so much!
Now the animal clan has grown! 2 Dogs, 3 Cats, 1 Hamster, 14 Ducks, 12 Chickens and 1 Horse!

4. What would be your dream job?
To own my own business. Either in wedding planning or events management. We will see!

5. What was your favorite childhood toy?
Britt has already asked this but I'm sure, like all children, we had more than one toy!? My second favourite was my Dolls House. Dad built this for me and we still have it sitting on our landing. 
Its a bit neglected at the moment and I really should look after it, especially as the furniture in there is so delicate..

6. Tell us something most readers probably don’t already know about you
What a way to sell something ;) hehe! If you didn't know already I have started writing on this website about weddings and my experience! Also I have made a button that you can take for your blog :) If you want to swap, just leave a comment on the Buttons Page :)

7. Are your finger and/or toe nails painted right now, if so what colour?
Due to the job that I do, my nails are not painted. Though when I get the chance I paint my nails with weird designs. I do Poppies for Remembrance Day in November. I've done the Marble effect and I also did Union Jacks for the Queens Jubilee. I'm talented me! ;)

8. What is a talent you don’t have but wish you did?
That I was even more creative than I am! I keep buying and collecting fabrics to make stuff. Bunting, bags. ANYTHING! But I don't know how to use a sewing machine confidently! I've sewn two dust sheets together and that was it!

9. What was the last really amazing meal you had?
I love all food.. except fish. I hate fish. I do love the meals from a shop call Cook. And I love Roast Dinners :)

10.Who is the most dialled number in your outgoing calls?
Home - normally to speak to mum. Though most numbers on my calls list are missed calls. I hate talking on the phone..

11. What are you most looking forward to between now and the end of the year?
Gee... maybe getting that one bit closed to finishing my degree. Work is going to get a lot busier with all the Christmas Parties. *sigh*

Ahhhh Hand Cramp!
Now to nominate 11 Bloggers this lovely award with their questions :)



1. What's your favourite make up item that you can not live without?
2. What's your favourite year?
3. You're having a dinner date, what are the four people you would like to invite?
4. Is there anywhere you would rather be, than were you are right now?
5. Do you own any pets?
6. I'm visiting your town for the day, where we going?
7. If you had super powers would you have invisibility or speed?
8. How did you get involved in the world of blogging?
9. What is currently on repeat on your iPod/MP3 player?
10. You're trapped on an island; you can only have three items. What are they and why?
11. Choose your best advice for any new blogger :)

Gah, answering questions and thinking of some is tough work. Comment when your done and I'll have a read. 
Enjoy

Becky x

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Becky! Thanks for the nomination! Also, I can 100 percent understand wanting to become a wedding planner--I love everything about weddings and though it'd be really stressful, it seems like it'd be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete